Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Promises Promises


In life we constantly make promises, to our kids, to our partners, to our jobs, even to ourselves. The problems start when we can't keep all of our promises. Sometimes we make promises and life gets in the way of keeping them, sometimes we make them and then realize that they were a mistake, sometimes we make them and then it just becomes to hard to keep up or end of them. Each week,month,year,day I promise myself I will eat better, I will work out, I will stop eating junk. I do okay for a few days(or hours but who is counting) and then I go back to my old ways.
I promise myself I will leave my phone alone at night when I am home with my family and my kids, and then I check it quickly and lose myself in it for hours at a time.

8 years ago I promised my husband in front of our friends and family that I would love,honor,respect and love him till death do us part. I haven't always kept up my end of those promises. I am not saying I don't love my husband or the life we have together, but some where along the way I stopped putting in as much effort as a marriage requires. Life gets in the way of promises and unless we make them a daily priority it can spiral out of control. Recently I have noticed I take my husband and our relationship for granted, I stopped putting in the effort, we stopped making our marriage a priority. This isn't good for us and it isn't good for our family. So this month I am going to make the extra effort, each week I am going to try and do something(be it something small) to let me husband know that our marriage, our family, our life together is a priority to me. That the life we have built means more to be then he will ever know....

No comments:

Post a Comment