Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Friends ...

I consider myself extremely lucky when it comes to friendships. I have a vast and very diverse group of friends. There are the childhood friends, high school friends,college friends,mommy friends ect ect...
I think that strong and true friendships is one of life's greatest blessings. Even if you don't see or talk with people as often as you wish you could, friends are those people that you know will always be there when you need them.

This past summer I did the Susan G. Koman 3 day walk for the cure in Boston with a group of women from all over the country. It was a life changing 3 days to say the least, walking 60 miles in 3 days was the least of it. The range of emotions, the touching stories, the people lining the streets cheering it was like nothing I can ever explain. But during those 3 days I built some amazing friendships, some of these women I had never met before these 3 days have now become like family to me. We are there for each other during the daily ups and downs of life, they are the first ones I call or text with news(either good or bad). I know that if I needed them these women would stop at nothing to be there for me. There are very things in life as precious as true friends, so take the time to tell those people you truly cherish just how much they mean to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment